Friday, November 26, 2010

Blogging Works

Lillian Merchant Williams
September 26, 1918 - October 21, 2010

One of my purposes for a genealogy blog is to make contact with cousins unknown to me, to increase the family tent. I was pleasantly surprised when cousins Julia Williams Thomas and Angela Thomas contacted me after seeing a post on this blog concerning their direct ancestor Memphis Merchant. My great grandfather Monroe Markham and Memphis' mother Catherine Markham Scott were siblings.

Julia and Angela shared a photo of their mother and grandmother Lillian Merchant Williams, shown in the above picture, who was the daughter of Memphis Merchant.

I am looking forward to meeting these new cousins. Blogging works!

4 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

It certainly does! I've been pleasantly surprised by how many people have contacted me because they found a mutual relative on my blog.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Congratulations on finding these cousins. This is the exact reason everyone needs a genealogy blog.

Carol said...

Congrats, tis a wonderful world, this blogging thing!

LindaRe said...

Ladies, Thank you.