The Furnace family of Copiah County, Mississippi, left very little of a paper trail. The only census great grandmother Jane Furnace was found was the 1870 census . She was listed as a 10 year old, born in MS. Her parents may be Alexander Furnace and Charlotte. The next piece of paper to document her life was in 1898.
Jane's first child, a daughter, was born about 1873. The father of the child was Elijah Usher (1848-1925). Elijah was married to my 2nd great grandmother Alice Demyers whom he married in 1869.
- Ollie Usher, 1873-1938, married Emsley Wallace in 1893
- Mary Brown Overton, 1882-1938, married Pink Jack Brandon
- John Evans Overton, Sr., 1882-1958, married Georgia Rockingham
- Garland Overton, 1883 - ?, married Lethy Dixon
- Haber Overton ,1887 - ?, married Rosa Louie
- Edgar Overton, 1887-1923, married Hannah Gary
- Carrie Overton, 1888-1916
- Severe Overton, 1890-1933, married Wayman/Raymond Flowers
- Gertrude Overton (my grandmother), 1895-1967, married Mike Durr, Sr
- Melissa Overton, 1897 - ?, married Unknown Linson
- Alice Overton, 1900-1929, married McNesse Sanders
- Jean Overton
My grandmother Gertrude always said her mother died when she was seven years old, which would date Jane's death between 1901-1903.