Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Forever and Always

Forever and Always
by Chris Engle

When I'm with you,
eternity is a step away,
My love continues to grow
with each passing day.

This treasure of love,
I cherish within my soul,
How much I love you...
you'll never really know.

You bring a joy to my heart
I've never felt before,
With each touch of your hand
I love you more and more.

Whenever we say good-bye,
whenever we part,
Know I hold you dearly
deep inside my heart.

So these seven words
I pray you hold true,
"Forever And Always
I Will Love You"


When I first saw this picture, I thought to myself that this is what love looks like...serene, peaceful, contentment, restful, thankful. Ada Markham, my grandmother's sister, married Ernest Spencer in 1914. The marriage lasted for 57 years, until Ernest's death in 1971.
Photograph courtesy of Anita Smith Christopher, granddaughter of Ernest and Ada.

3 comments:

Carol said...

This is a GREAT photo!!!! Love those smiles!!

Janice Tracy said...

Great photo, post, and very touching love poem.

Beth said...

The picture and poem are perfect complements - beautiful!