Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Flea Market

I love peeking inside of flea markets, antique shops. This is the Mill Town Mall, an antiques and flea market, located in Wesson, Copiah County, MS. Members of my family lived, live in this small town. Wesson was founded during the Civil War in 1864 and was known for it cotton mills that created a fine cotton fabric known as "Mississippi silk." This building was originally a cotton mill. I don't know the age of the store but I like to think the building has changed very little since the days of my mother's girlhood during the 1930s and 1940s.

Lets take a peep inside.

Someone in the future will likely be searching for an image of the man in the oval picture frame.

Every corner is stuffed with stuff downstairs.

Upstairs I saw this table set that reminded me of my childhood table, ours was yellow. I thought about buying it for a split second.

I love stairs, steep stairs.
Upstairs

Downstairs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also love flea markets. I've found so many wonderful treasures. It's funny, but the flea market in the photo looks almost exactly like one in Pennsylvania. (The stairs even look almost the same.)

LindaRe said...

Your building was probably built around the same time as my building, whenever that was.