Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mrs Willie Spencer Celebrating 102 Years

Cousin Beverly sent me this article she found on one of Ancestry's public family trees, The Powells of Butler County Alabama. I have Spencer folk on both my paternal and maternal lines and both lines are from Copiah County, MS. Beverly is a member of my paternal line and she was curious if Mrs Willie Spencer was connected to our tree. According to the public family trees, Mrs Willie was the daughter of Henry Jeff Fair and Bettie Harrison. I didn't recognize Mrs Willie's name but did recognize her husband's name, Ellis Spencer.

Aunt Ada Markham married Ernest Spencer, Sr., 23 Feb 1914. Ellis and Ernest were brothers. They were the sons of Lewis Spencer and Emaline Smiley. Copiah County is a small world.

Ernest Spencer, Sr.
1881-1971

No comments: