Saturday, February 23, 2013

Girl Scout Leaders

It's that time of year, Girl Scouts selling their cookies. Here is a photograph of a group of Girl Scout leaders from Brookhaven, Lincoln County, MS. The picture was likely taken in the 1960s-1970s.

Cousin
Identified (l-r): unidentified, Annie Gaston, Maude Newton, Evelyn Green, Dorothy Diggs, Leatrice Buie, Thelma Honey Smith, Claudine Aultman, Verna Kitty Byrd, Jeanette Coleman, unidentified, Mae V. Benson, unidentified, Katye Gillum, Ruby Kitty Brock.


Couple of my favorite Girl Scout cookies.

Photograph of Girl Scout leaders courtesy of
Lincoln-Lawrence-Franklin Regional Library.
100 S. Jackson St
Brookhaven, MS 39601
601-833-3369

Jeanette Markham Coleman is my mother's 1st cousin once removed.
Jeanette is the daughter of Virgil Markham and Christine Holloway.

6 comments:

Ms Vicky said...

I wanted Trefoils today. My daughter kept driving past Walmart where they were selling goodies.

Anonymous said...

My mother was a girl scout leader when I was small. I have several pictures similar to the one you included in this post. Unfortunately, the people in my photos weren't identified.

Kristin said...

There was a little girl at church selling cookies or maybe she had just bought them. There was such a crowd, I lost track of her.

LindaRe said...

I made my purchase at the Walmart, don't plan to buy anymore. I need to get back on my diet that I keep derailing.

LindaRe said...

The library where I found the picture had them identified. I recognize two of the ladies from other photos but the others are unknown to me.

LindaRe said...

Its just a cookie but I suppose we want to get our hands on our favorite before they are all sold.