Sunday, June 5, 2011

Little Country Church


This picture represents the church of my mother's memories, a small wood framed church amongst trees. All are dressed in their Sunday best, suits and ties for the men and a hat for almost every woman. I wonder how they were all seated comfortably in what appears to be a hot summer day in a no air condition building.

The Church is unknown, located somewhere in rural Lincoln County, Mississippi.

Photograph courtesy of Lincoln-Lawrence-Franklin Regional Public Library.

4 comments:

Teicha Hill Mailhes said...

What a great photo! I remember that my grandma said that a woman always goes to Church with stockings on and her head covered, no matter how hot it is.

LindaRe said...

Teicha,

The women in my family and in the church taught me the same thing. I guess I am a fallen woman.

Janice Tracy said...

What a lovely photo! I know you must be so proud to have found this.

LindaRe said...

Thank you, Janice.